Tewksbury Information

Tewksbury was first settled in 1637 and was officially incorporated in 1734 from Billerica. It is named after the town of Tewkesbury, England. The Merrimack River forms part of the northern boundary of Tewksbury, and the Shawsheen River runs through the southern end of town as well.

Some of the city's top choices for visitors include:

Smolak Farms
315 South Bradford St, North Andover, MA
978 687 4029
Smolark Farms combines agriculture, education and entertainment in a special way that makes it appealing to the young and old. The farm is located in the northeastern section of Massachusetts and historic parts of the farm are about 300 years old, and the major part of the homestead can never be developed. Farm activities include pick your own fruit from June until December.

Edward A. LeLacheur Park
450 Aiken St, Lowell, MA
5000-person stadium that hosts home games of the Lowell Spinners, a class A minor league affiliate of the Boston Red Sox.

Robert S. Peabody Museum of Archaeology
Phillips and Main Streets, Andover, MA 01810
978-749-4490
Dedicated to teaching the science of archaeology, and understanding and preserving the cultures of Native American people. The Robert S. Peabody Museum is one of the nation's major repositories of Native American archaeological collections. Major collections include materials from the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, Mexico and the Arctic, and range from Paleo Indian (10,000+ years ago) to the present day.